Reaganomics Debunked (Again)

FILED TO: Uncategorized

A useful chart for those who believe Ronald Reagan was good for the middle classes (via Bob Cesca):

Republican economics is a religion, not a science. It asserts without fact that it is good for the middle class despite the overwhelming evidence that it isn't.

It literally drives me insane when I hear conservative repeat the mantra that the prescription for economic growth is tax cuts for the rich and lack of government regulation. It isn't, it never has been, and it never will be. This isn't to say that targetted tax cuts and privatization is always bad, but by themselves, they have proven to be wholly inadequate.

If you love what we do here at the Banter, please consider becoming a Banter Member and supporting independent media! Readers get access to the Magazine and unlimited monthly articles

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!