Reaganomics Debunked (Again)

A useful chart for those who believe Ronald Reagan was good for the middle classes (via Bob Cesca):

wages_1940-2010.jpg

Republican economics is a religion, not a science. It asserts without fact that it is good for the middle class despite the overwhelming evidence that it isn't.

It literally drives me insane when I hear conservative repeat the mantra that the prescription for economic growth is tax cuts for the rich and lack of government regulation. It isn't, it never has been, and it never will be. This isn't to say that targetted tax cuts and privatization is always bad, but by themselves, they have proven to be wholly inadequate.

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

This is exactly the same incomprehensible flanking maneuver used by Erick Erickson when we tweeted tRead more...
Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Posing with a fanboi at the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Sarah Palin apparently wants liberal filmmaker MRead more...
White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest observed that, as a press spokesman, Tom Brady is a pretty Read more...
Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Even though he was an ally of the U.S., Saudi Arabia's late King Abdullah was also a bastard.Read more...
Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

It's the year 2015 and Southern California still doesn't qualify as the Third World, regardless of wRead more...