Reaganomics Debunked (Again)

FILED TO: Uncategorized

A useful chart for those who believe Ronald Reagan was good for the middle classes (via Bob Cesca):

wages_1940-2010.jpg

Republican economics is a religion, not a science. It asserts without fact that it is good for the middle class despite the overwhelming evidence that it isn't.

It literally drives me insane when I hear conservative repeat the mantra that the prescription for economic growth is tax cuts for the rich and lack of government regulation. It isn't, it never has been, and it never will be. This isn't to say that targetted tax cuts and privatization is always bad, but by themselves, they have proven to be wholly inadequate.

Issue 6 of the Banter Magazine is now out! Right now, you can get 50% off for 3 months, or 15% off a yearly membership!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!