Sarah Palin Draws Analogy Between Koran Burning and WTC Mosque

Thankfully, the lunatic pastor who thought it was a good idea to burn copies of the Koran in remembrance of the attacks on September 11th has decided to cancel the event. After intense pressure from both the Left and Right (and religious communities across the country), Pastor Terry Jones finally backed down.

Sarah Palin, via her facebook page, had the following to say on the debacle:

Book burning is antithetical to American ideals. People have a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation – much like building a mosque at Ground Zero.

So let me get this right. Building a religious and cultural center to provide services for children and the local community is akin to burning a sacred religious book? Don't get me wrong, I'm please Palin sanely denounced Terry Jones's ridiculous stunt, but drawing an analogy between the actions of a demented xenophobe and the creation of an entirely positive community center is flat out stupid. But then again, it is Sarah Palin.