Rachel Maddow: The Only Reason to Watch TV News

I recently canceled my cable bill and must confess to not missing television at all. I get most of my news from the internet (and the rest from the radio) and have a netflix account so I can watch movies. But every now and then, I miss Rachel Maddow. The MSNBC host is literally the last bastion of sanity and intelligence on cable news as she actually tries to do something resembling serious analysis.

While Keith Olbermann certainly speaks for the liberal base, he doesn't really attempt to do real news. I think Keith is great, but it's more of a 'show' than Maddow's hour long balanced discussion based format. Here's a great clip of Maddow and Glenn Greenwald discussing the Tea Party and extremism within the GOP:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy