Quote of the Day

John Cole at Balloon Juice on Russel Feingold trailing his Republican challenger:

I’m kind of in shock. I can not, for the life of me, understand how anyone could think Republican rule would not be disastrous. Even if the Democrats suck. And it would be bad enough with run of the mill Republicans, but with the teabagging nutcases running this year. Good grief. It’s terrifying and the nation won’t recover in my lifetime.

Feingold is a true progressive and a rarity in modern politics - he sticks to his principles and never traingulates in order to get elected. Losing him would be a serious tragedy and the Dems need to mobilize behind him quickly.