Bill Maher on Rich People

Bill Maher's 'New Rule' for the rich complaining about a minute tax increase:

New Rule: The next rich person who publicly complains about being vilified by the Obama administration must be publicly vilified by the Obama administration. It's so hard for one person to tell another person what constitutes being "rich", or what tax rate is "too much."But I've done some math that indicates that, considering the hole this country is in, if you are earning more than a million dollars a year and are complaining about a 3.6% tax increase, then you are by definition a greedy asshole.

I count anyone making over $70,000 a year as 'rich' - ie. they can afford to pay a little bit to the tax man so that kids can go to school and veterans can get free health care. If you are above $250,000, then you should simply shut the hell up when it comes to how much tax you pay. Given almost 30% of the population make under $25,000 a year, you don't have much to complain about.