Matt Osborne at Netroots Nation

This is a must read diary from Matt Osborne at DailyKos who was at Netroots Nation last week. Golden quote:

The next day brought me close to breakdown as two things happened. First, my very first panel featured leaders of respectably-mainstream green media and activist organizations telling me there will be no "sixties-style protest" for environmental causes -- on the same bloody morning Huffington Post broke the story that climate legislation was dead. I knew they were wrong and said as much, perhaps too forcefully, because it's one of only two issues that resonate with the youth -- while July was turning out record temperatures across the country. If not fucking now, when? Are we waiting for new record snowfalls (themselves the result of global warming) to propagate denial?