Recession Perspective

Susie Madrak's post on chronic underemployment in her area is a must read:

A friend of mine was looking in a store yesterday and told the owner
she wouldn’t be buying anything just yet because she was unemployed.
The woman started wagging a finger in her face and told her she
“shouldn’t be here, you should be out looking for a job!”

“Practically snarling at me,” my friend told me. “Can you
imagine?” Yes, I can.

How are we ever going to bridge this divide? You just can’t leave
this many people without help, but the politicans are mostly spineless.
What is going to happen to us — and to our country?