Quote of the Week: Ann Coulter on Afghanistan

Ann Coulter on the difference between Iraq and Afghanistan:

Bush declared success and turned his attention to Iraq, leaving
minimal troops behind in Afghanistan to prevent Osama bin Laden from
regrouping, swat down al-Qaida fighters and gather intelligence.

Having some vague concept of America's national interest – unlike
liberals – the Bush administration could see that a country of
illiterate peasants living in caves ruled by "warlords" was not a primo
target for "nation-building."

By contrast, Iraq had a young, educated, pro-Western populace
that was ideal for regime change.

You have to give it to Ann, she will always find a way of making whatever point she is trying to convey utterly offensive, racist and childishly stupid.

  • http://profile.typepad.com/michale1 Michale32086

    Ink,
    The problem with ignoring people like Coulter is that it doesn’t make them go away.
    Interesting admission…
    Especially coming from you.. :D
    Michale32086

  • http://profile.typepad.com/osborneink1 OsborneInk

    “By contrast, Iraq had a young, educated, pro-Western populace that was ideal for regime change.”
    Good thing the young and educated are all living in refugee apartments around the Middle East. She’s fail selling fail.
    The problem with ignoring people like Coulter is that it doesn’t make them go away. A vast industry of right-wing propaganda shops exists to make her every book a bestseller so she can stay on the air.
    And you know what? I want this crazy loon to keep on talking. I want her every word dissected. Right now she’s taking Steele’s side in the circular firing squad and I like it just fine.

  • http://profile.typepad.com/michale1 Michale32086

    Coulter, like Limbaugh and and the rest (Left or Right) are entertainers..
    Anyone who actually cares what they say deserve any angst that they might feel…
    Michale32086

  • http://profile.typepad.com/6p01127900475528a4 cgrobel

    The DailyBanter, and any other site for that matter, should be declared a Coulter-free zone. It’s just not worth it.