Our Genes Predict Whether We Live to be 100

A fascinating breakthrough in scientific world:

Scientists have developed way of predicting how likely a person is to live beyond the age of 100.
The breakthrough, described in the journal Science, is based on 150 genetic "signposts" found in exceptionally long-lived people.
The researchers created a mathematical model, which takes information from these signposts to work out a person's chance of reaching 100.
It is based on the largest study of centenarians in the world.

The report concludes that while lifestyle and happiness is extremely important in longevity, going that extra few years is more often than not determined by a predisposition to live for a very long time.