British Reaction to Obama's Handling of Oil Spill

A British reader writes:

Gotta say ben i think Obama's handling of BP has been a disgrace. Where
was the UK backlash when the US sub-prime market caused our economy to
go into recession? where was the UK backlash when Madoff stole billions
off our investors? The two different failing pieces of equipment were
both provided by US companies!! The US have as much tied up in BP as we
do and throwing shit at the UK through the media to hide his own
failings to deal with the matter quickly is casting a shadow on a
president who thus far has promised much and delivered nothing!! 'The
Audicity of Dope'