Republican Attack Ad Accuses Rival of Supporting Evolution

In Alabama, believing in the theory of evolution is a political liability. Just check out this ad run by Roy Moore against 'liberal' Bradley Byrne:

I'm always astonished that in 2010, there are active politicians in the most advanced industrial nation on earth who believe the bible is the literal word of God and that man was created 6000 years ago in the garden of Eden. The real problem is, these politicians want the rest of us to follow their particular set of beliefs and ignore all reasonable evidence that refutes their 'facts'. I quote Mrs Sarah Palin:

"Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant. They're quite clear -- that we would create law based on the God of the Bible and the Ten Commandments."

Yes, that's why the main architect of the constitution said the following:

'Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it
for every noble enterprise.'

-- James Madison, 1774

(Thanks to Chez Pazienza for the quotes).