Sarah Palin Lies About Obama's Nuclear Position

The Plumline catches Sarah Palin in an overt lie:

The latest: In a new Facebook missive, Palin
butchered Obama’s quotes at the nuke summit in a strikingly dishonest
(even for her) way, tearing them out of context to suggest he’s
uncomfortable wielding American power and is hostile towards American
exceptionalism:

Mr. President, is a strong America a
problem?

Asked this week about his faltering efforts to advance
the Middle East peace process, President Obama did something
remarkable. In front of some 47 foreign leaders and hundreds of
reporters from all over the world, President Obama said that “whether we
like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower.”

Whether
we like it or not? Most Americans do like it.

Here’s
what the President actually said:

But
what we can make sure of is, is that we are constantly present,
constantly engaged, and setting out very clearly to both sides our
belief that not only is it in the interests of each party to resolve
these conflicts but it’s also in the interest of the United States. It
is a vital national security interest of the United States to reduce
these conflicts because whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant
military superpower, and when conflicts break out, one way or another we
get pulled into them.
And that ends up costing us significantly in
terms of both blood and treasure.

As you can see,
Palin and her team of ghostwriters plucked Obama’s remark out of context
to quote him saying “whether we like it or not,” we are a superpower.
In reality, he was saying that “whether we like it or not,” we get
pulled into international conflicts that cost us American lives — so
it’s in our security interests to resolve them.

I always find it fascinating that American politicians are expected to believe that America is the best country on the planet in every respect, regardless of the truth. If a politicians states something like, 'America is one of the worst countries for child poverty' (which it is) a Sarah Palin or a Mitt Romney will leap out of whichever corporate dinner they are speaking at and claim 'Democrats hate America!'.

And people wonder why it's so difficult to have a serious debate.