Lady Gaga 'The Final Artifact of American Culture'

Matt Osbornenails (figuratively of course) Lady Gaga as the ultimate and perhaps final symbol of our celebrity driven culture:

I reiterate that Lady Gaga is the final artifact of American culture. There will be nothing original from henceforth; it is a bland, plastic reality. Scholars looking for what comes after postmodernism may begin to write their treatises with B.G. and A.G. to refer to the time before and after Gaga. Those phone-shapes in her wigs are what Videodrome was referring to in its climactic finish: the behavior, culture, and very biology of humanity being altered by technology. She not only sings about it, Lady Gaga turns herself into a canvas on which she demonstrates it.

I saw an interview with Miss Gaga on a British talk show and must confess to finding her rather interesting. Other than a pseudo British accent, she seemed very intelligent, switched on and actually quite normal. She reminded me of Marilyn Manson - a provocative artist using overt sexual imagery and taboo subjects to make people sit up and take note. I'm not a fan of the music, but her reluctance to buy into the industry she is currently dominating is refreshing. I say good on her.