Public Option May Still Pass

Some interesting and potentially excellent news from Greg Sargant:

Senator Bernie Sanders,
in a brief interview in the Capitol just now, confirmed to me that he’s
willing to commit to introducing an amendment that would add the public
option to the Senate bill’s reconciliation fix.

This is
important, because as far fetched as this seems, if this amendment is
introduced, a vote on it would be very hard for the Senate Dem
leadership to block. The only thing that could stop it from happening, according
to Senate expert Robert Dove, is for the parliamentarian to rule that
it’s not germane to the Senate bill somehow — something that seems
unlikely.

“I think somebody should do that, and I’d certainly be
prepared to do that,” Sanders told me when I asked him if he’d be
willing to commit to introducing a public option amendment. This is, in
effect, a commitment to introduce the amendment if no one else does.

Bob Cesca has a more thorough round up here.