Mitt Romney Opposes Himself on Health Care

Alex Massie pits Mitt Romney against Mitt Romney:

Romney is now pledged to running against his own record. This is an
unusual strategy but one forced upon him by a) his actual record and b)
the temper of the Republican party and conservative movement. All this
trouble over one tiny bill he signed when Governor of Massachusetts!
Because Obamacre is, in the view of plenty of sensible observers, merely
a souped-up version of the Romneycare Mitt signed into law in Boston -
and that he boasted about during the 2008 campaign. Back then it was a
case of "I can fix health care because I've done it in the Bay State".
How times change.

Now, of course, he must disavow this and pretend it never happened. In a
sense, mind you, this merely shows that, for all that the MA reforms
may not have been perfect and for all that they may not scale to the
national level, the ideas behind Obamacare were hardly
revolutionary. The detail may, for sure, be another matter. Still, in
outline, Governor Romney could be proud of this sort of thing; Candidate
Romney must disavow his own past.

I've always thought that Mitt Romney was the epitome of what was wrong with modern politics. I don't think Romney is a stupid guy (he is a very successful business man), but he is so willing to say anything to anyone that he simply cannot be taken seriously. Romney was pro civil unions then against them, pro Obama's strategy in Afghanistan then against it (in a matter of hours), pro choice then pro life and recently pro universal health care then now against it.

Thankfully, Romney is the favorite to lead the Republican Party in 2012. And given his record, the Democrats will have an absolute field day with him.