Deconstructing Sean Hannity's Lies

Media Matters takes apart Sean Hannity's book 'Conservative Victory':

From Page 36 of Conservative Victory:

Obama laughably downplays William Ayers -- a close associate with whom he served on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago and who hosted an event at his home launching Obama's state senate run -- as just a guy in the neighborhood, a harmless Chicago college professor.

NY Times: Obama and Ayers "do not appear to have been close." The New York Timesreportedon October 4, 2008, that Obama and Ayers "do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

FactCheck.org: Obama and Ayers were "never very close." In an October 10, 2008, article, FactCheck.org wrote of the 2008 presidential campaign: "What we object to are the McCain-Palin campaign's attempts to sway voters -- in ads and on the stump -- with false and misleading statements about the relationship [between Obama and Ayers], which was never very close.