Obama Spells it Out to Centrist Democrats

Obama explaining to corporate Democrats, Senators Bayh and Lincoln, why the party must differentiate itself from the Republicans (via Cesca):

"If the price of certainty is essentially for us to adopt the exact
same proposals that were in place for eight years leading up to the
biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression -- we don't tinker
with health care, let the insurance companies do what they want, we
don't put in place any insurance reforms, we don't mess with the banks,
let them keep on doing what they're doing now because we don't want to
stir up Wall Street -- the result is going to be the same," he said. "I
don't know why we would expect a different outcome pursuing the exact
same policy that got us into this fix in the first place."