Obama Slammed by Former Mentor

Obama's former professor at Harvard Law School, Chris Edley, has warned the President in an interview with the Times that he must not get complacent while in office, particularly due to his overt self confidence. Edley, an influential person in Obama's intellectual growth, was more impressed with Obama the candidate than Obama the President:

“What I fear is that having made history, having won a Nobel prize, having
been celebrated around the world, a measure of complacency may have set in,”
Professor Edley told The Times. “I don’t mean that the effort is not
there, but that the discipline of self-criticism has perhaps faded.”

Professor Edley, who worked in the Clinton and Carter Administrations and is
now Dean of the Law School at the University of California, Berkeley, added:
“I wouldn’t give [Obama] as high a grade as President as I gave him when he
was my student. I know he can do better.”