John McCain Statement Directly Refuted by Colin Powell

John McCain's credibility took a further blow as a statement he made about gays serving in the military was directly refuted by Colin Powell, the man McCain stated was not for having gays in the military. From The Daily Dish:

"The reason why I supported the policy to start with is because General
Colin Powell, who was then the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,
is the one that strongly recommended we adopt this policy in the
Clinton administration. I have not heard General Powell or any of the
other military leaders reverse their position," - McCain, yesterday.

“In the almost 17 years since the ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ legislation
was passed, attitudes and circumstances have changed. I fully support
the new approach presented to the Senate Armed Services Committee this
week by Secretary of Defense Gates and Admiral Mullen," Colin Powell, today.

McCain's relevance as a serious mainstream politician was crushed after he introduced Sarah Palin to America, and this serious misjudgment is another example of his shot political instincts. Time to retire, Senator McCain.