Glenn Beck is a Racist Idiot

This is why Glenn Beck is a racist, ignorant idiot:

He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not
with America -- you don't take the name Barack to identify with
America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage?
The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Really?
Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was
searching later in life for religion.

Bob Cesca has a wonderful rant on this garbled, offensive idiocy and is well worth a read. Anyhow, I thought I'd add my own.

Firstly, what is an 'American name'? The whole country is made up of immigrants (other than the minute Native American population that survived the holocaust), so by definition, there isn't one. We must then deduce that Beck must mean a white American name, because otherwise, it doesn't make any sense. And if he means a white American name, it must mean Beck doesn't consider non-white Americans to be American. Therefore Beck is a racist idiot.

According to BehindTheName.com, 'Glenn' comes 'From a Scottish surname which was derived from Gaelic gleann "valley".'

Why does Glenn insist on using a name that could only be identified with the country of his heritage, Scotland? Why didn't Glenn just call himself something else like 'Hot Dog' or 'Candy' so we could be sure he was a proud American? Barack Obama changed his name (kind of - he actually just went back to his original name after being known as 'Barry'), so why couldn't Beck?

Because Glenn Beck is un-American.

Or just an idiot.