The Exit Strategy

Obama lays out the plans to remove troops from Afghanistan in 2011 (via Andrew Sullivan):

This is exactly the same nonsense we heard about Iraq, that we would withdraw responsibly, that we'd 'make it clear that their country would be their responsibility' etc. This type of moral lecturing is deeply offensive given we have reduced their country to rubble and destabilized the entire region. I'm not sure why it is another country's responsibility for us invading them, but that seems to be the modus operandi of American foreign policy.

I expected so much more from Obama, and I'm sad to say I'm very, very disappointed.