Swiss Style Health Care in America?

Bob Cesca on a new health care proposal that would be similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefits
Plan:

This is basically the Swiss health insurance system.
Private (unfortunately) but non-profit and government operated. But, in
this plan, the privates are literally forced by the Office of Personnel
Management to negotiate lower rates if they want to participate -- and
the plans can't earn a profit.

Rockefeller and Harkin appear to be on board. Dick Durbin
co-sponsored a similar plan earlier in the year. Sherrod Brown doesn't
want any more compromises, but he says he's open to a strong pitch.

Again, I'll withhold judgement until the CBO and House progressives
weigh in. But at a glance, I can tell you that this is definitely
better than a triggered whatever-the-hell.