Is Trig Palin Fair Game?

Andrew Sullivan went on The Joy Behar Show last night to talk about his disillusionment with the Conservative movement. As is always the case, Sullivan ended up talking about Sarah Palin (I'm not blaming him though, given her prominence in the GOP). Sullivan has been somewhat obsessed with the bizarre circumstances surrounding Trig Palin's birth, and has turned it into a one man truth crusade.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm pretty sure Palin is lying about it given her tendency to simply make things up when it suits her. However, there are bigger fish to fry, and Sullivan's single mindedness on the issue detracts from wider points and makes him look petty. There are many questions that need to be answered by Palin, but I'm not sure the weird circumstances surrounding Trig's birth are particularly relevant. Yes, they add to the larger picture that Palin is a serial liar, but in the scheme of things, her extraordinary ignorance of all things political seems far more pressing an issue.