Gordon Brown Lays Out Big Spending Cuts

New Labour is continuing in its schizophrenic Keynesian/Monetarist policies in an attempt to be all things to all people. Gordon Brown has laid out 12 billion pounds in 'efficiency cuts' that proposes to 'streamline government' at a time of crisis.

At the same time, Brown is proposing to increase spending across Britain in an attempt to stimulate the economy.

What on earth is going on?

If there are intelligent cuts to be made in government, I'm all for it, but I don't think government jobs are any less important that anyone else's job. The fact is, no one should be thinking about balancing the budget until we are truly out of the recession.