U.K Iraq War Inquiry - A Waste of Tax Payers Money

A reader writes in response to my post on the U.K Iraq War inquiry:

Come off it Ben.... Didn't you hear? It's "an independent enquiry".....
with a panel that just happens to consist of people selected from the
current government (the one that told us about that bad Sadam man and
his big guns) and won't provide public details of 'sensitive'
interviews with key people (i.e anyone with information that people
don't already
know)......... what sounds dodgy about that? I as a UK tax payer am
delighted to be funding this latest pantomime. It's important for our
global reputation!!