Sarah Palin, Ultra Zionist

In an interview with Barbara Walters, Sarah Palin stunningly revealed that she is further to the Right than most Israelis on the issue of settlements and believes Israel should be allowed to expand indefinitely:

WALTERS: The Obama administration does not want Israel to build any more settlements on what they consider Palestinian territory. What is your view on this?

PALIN: I disagree with the Obama administration on that. I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is, is going to grow. More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead. And I don’t think that the Obama administration has any right to tell Israel that the Jewish settlements cannot expand.

WALTERS: Even if it’s [in] Palestinian areas?

PALIN: I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expand.

This type of extreme neo imperial, anti Arab racism goes beyond the usual GOP cheap populism. Palin should be severely reprimanded by her party for this, and reminded that such rhetoric has consequences. If she had been in office, comments like this would have set back U.S - Middle Eastern relations 50 years.

Supporting indefinite Israeli settlement expansion would be akin to supporting China's ruthless colonization of Tibet or the Apartheid government's brutalization of black South Africans. The fact that Arabs are on the receiving end of imperial violence seems to make it ok in Palin's mind, because according to her, they don't really matter.

Thank God Palin isn't anywhere near the White House, but with her recent book tour, a run at 2012 looks more and more likely. Running
on a platform of virulent anti Arabism will play well with middle
America, but anyone with the slightest sense should be scared witless
that she could potentially get herself a position in government.