Karl Rove Thought Deficits Didn't Matter 8 Years Ago

Andrew Sullivan recalls a discussion with Karl Rove, now a crusader against deficits:

I remember very vividly a heated argument with Karl Rove over eight
years ago in which I worried about spending and deficits. "Deficits
don't matter!" Rove kept repeating in that nasal world-weary tone he
has. After a bit, I said, "What do you mean, deficits don't matter?
Don't you remember the 1990s?" "No, no, no, no, Andrew," he replied.
"What I mean is that people don't vote on deficits. That's why they
don't matter."

I still cannot understand how reptilians like Rove can keep a straight face when talking, and most of all, I find it incomprehensible that anyone would offer the man a job. Rove has been consistently wrong about just about everything and his opinions don't really mean anything any more. He helped destroy the economy, helped destroy the Middle East, and has essentially ripped apart his own party with his commitment to dirty politics and fantasy driven ideology. He is poison to the GOP, and someone needs to top him talking before he does any more damage.