Is Prejean Fair Game?

My good friend Robert writes in to debate with me on my Carrie Prejean article:

Back when
I was 18, I wasn't convinced of a necessity for gay marriage when civil
unions were gaining acceptability. Now that I'm older, I've come to
believe that it's a privacy issue, much like a woman's choice, and
thus, I don't have a problem with who gets married since its a personal
choice that will have little to no impact on my life.

I, like you, do hope that Ms. Prejean will change her views.
Unfortunately, I do believe her own actions have put her in this very
position. After the brouhaha of her pageant question, she was embraced
by the Right, and she in turned has fully embraced them. FoxNews and
Clear Channel, and their hosts, have given her a soapbox to "preach to
the choir" as it were. She's written a book. She's gone on talking
circuits. Indeed, just this week she was scheduled to speak to the
Republican Congressional Caucus before canceling five minutes before
her speech in the wake of the Larry King interview.

My line of work today involves dealing with hypocritical politicians.
She has been embraced, and in turn actively embraces, a political
issue. As time goes on, it has become more and more apparent that she
has not been one to 'practice what she preached'. In my book, that
makes her a hypocrite and because she has made herself a public and
political figure, she's fair game.