Warren Buffet: "I believe in a very progressive tax on income"

by Ben Cohen

Conservatives would have you believe that taxing income is the best way to stifle economic growth and scare rich people out of the country. They have told us that charity is more effective than government redistribution of wealth, and a rising tide lifts all boats. However, the second richest man in the world thinks this is complete nonsense, and would like to see his income taxed significantly. Said Warren Buffet in an interview with the BBC:

I get paid enormously, and it's no great credit to me, I was just
lucky at birth. It's nice to give me a fair amount of the benefits from
that but I shouldn't delude myself into thinking that I'm some superior
individual because of that.

I don't think society ought to count
entirely on the goodwill of the rich to decide on the proportions that
go back. So I believe in a very progressive tax on income.

Then again, Warren Buffet is a communist.....