TV Shows That Gave Michael Moore Air Time

by Ben Cohen

Michael Moore urges people to see his movie and pays homage to the TV shows that let him on the air. I'm astonished he got so much time given the theme of 'Capitalism: A Love Story'. It wasn't exactly in their interest:

You can catch us on some of the TV shows that have been brave enough to let me on in the past week or so:

- Nightline (as we take a stroll down Wall Street to Goldman Sachs)

- Good Morning America (where they let me talk about Disney employees who don't get medical benefits)

- The View (where the Republican co-host told everyone to go see it! Whoa!)

- The Colbert Report (this guy is a genius, seriously)

- Larry King (where a spokesperson for the Senator who got the sweetheart loans responds for the first time)

- Keith Olberman (where we both wonder just how long these media corps are going to let us get away with what we do)

- Wolf Blitzer (yes, he's back for more abuse - and lovin' it)

... And the amazing Jay Leno. This man called me after seeing the movie
and asked me to be his only in-studio guest on the second night of his
new prime-time show. I said, "Jay, shouldn't you be thinking of your
ratings in the first week of the show? Are you sure you didn't misdial
Tom Hanks' number (the area code where I live is 231; 213 is LA)?" He
told me he was profoundly moved by this film. So I was the guest on his
second show, and he told all of America it was my "best film" and to
please go see "Capitalism: A Love Story." That was Jay Leno saying
that, not Noam Chomsky or Jane Fonda (both of whom I love dearly). The
audience responded enthusiastically and, after 20 years of filmmaking,
it was a moment where I crossed over deep into the mainstream of middle
America. Jay's bosses at General Electric musta been... well, let's
just say I hope they didn't place a reprimand in his permanent record.
He's one helluva guy (and following the example he set with his free
concerts for the unemployed in Michigan and Ohio last spring, I've
gotten permission from the studio to do the same with my film in ten of
the hardest-hit cities in the U.S. next week).

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/capitalism-as-comedy-and_b_300643.html