Oh Harry Reid, What Tact

What a mistake this guy is.

Q: How will U.S. Sen. (Edward) Kennedy's death affect things?

A: I think it's going to help us. He hasn't been around for some time. We're going to have a new chairman of that committee, it'll be, I don't know for sure, but I think Sen. (Chris) Dodd (D-Conn.). He has a right to take it. Either him or (U.S. Sen. Tom) Harkin, (D-Iowa), whichever one wants it can have it. I think he (Kennedy) will be a help. He's an inspiration for us. That was the issue of his life and he didn't get it done.

In a perverse way, I sort of want Reid to lose his seat next year. That seems to be the only way to get him out of the senate leadership, his replacement would be from a true-blue state (my preference: Schumer or Durbin), and it would teach Dems that milquetoast leadership leads to milquetoast results (though its arguable they will never learn that lesson, since they replaced a weak leader in Daschle with Reid).