Lieberman Pissing Off Democrats Again

by Ben Cohen

It's nice to see Joe Lieberman doing his best to undermine environmental policy the way he undermined Barack Obama's Presidential bid (via Politico):

In an effort to resuscitate some version
of the House climate change bill in the Senate, the Connecticut
independent is trying to get Republicans and moderate Democrats on
board by adding money for coal power and nuclear plants — changes that would infuriate many of the bill’s liberal supporters.

“I don’t think we’re going to [pass a bill] without bipartisan
support,” Lieberman told POLITICO last week. “And without a nuclear
title that’s stronger than in the House climate change legislation,
we’re not going to be able to get enough votes to pass climate change.”

That's great Joe, let's pass legislation that does more damage to the environment, not less.