Kentucky Politics Goes Right To The Point

Politics for sale, all pols must go now!

The host of an upcoming fundraiser for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Daniel Mongiardo has told potential contributors that their donation will buy access to the Lt. Governor and Governor.

In an e-mail to potential donors, businessman Ray Hardebeck of Covington said individuals should give $1,000 if they want 'access or have special needs that need to be discussed with the Governor and Lt. Governor.'

I don't think public financing of elections is really workable, but stories like this make me reconsider my position.