Former Organizer For Obama Tells Him to Fight For Healthcare

by Ben Cohen

A former organizer for Barack Obama sent the following inspirational message to the President. One can only hope he reads it:

Mr. President, we are here to say that there is only one force in
this country more powerful than the insurance industry and its
corporate allies - us!

During the campaign, we defeated two of the strongest political
machines ever assembled in the primary and the general election. We can
beat these guys too.

We are ready to fight, sir. You are the most inspirational leader of
our generation, sir, and we will follow to hell and back in this fight.

Therefore, I am asking my fellow campaign staffers, team leaders, and volunteers to sign this pledge
promising to fight for the public option and urging President Obama to
fight for it. Also, feel free to email me (at
mikeelk@boldprogressives.org) if you are a former staffer and
interested in ways you can help organize other staffers to help set the
President right, as we promised him we would.

We are the most powerful grassroots army ever assembled in American
history, and we want you to fight for a public option. We promise to
fight with you every step of the way, just as we did during the
campaign.

Mr. President, We are fired up and ready to go!

Are you ready to lead?