CNN Drains L.A Times Online Talent

by Ben Cohen

Gawker reports on a growing trend - the loss of talent at the online department at L.A Times. The Times was slow to catch up to the internet, only really getting on board two years ago (I know because they expressed a very mild interest in hiring me at the time). It seems other companies, including Gawker, are willing to pay more for online talent, and are attracting people away from the Times to work for higher salaries. Here's the staff email sent out by Russ Stanton on the loss of Meredith Artley: