British Fascist Party To Allow Minorities?

by Ben Cohen

Due to a legal challenge by the Human Rights Commission, the British National Party must change its membership rules, or be dissolved. From the Guardian:

The Equality and Human Rights Commission is taking the BNP
to court over its constitution, which states that only "'Indigenous
Caucasian' and defined 'ethnic groups' emanating from that race" are
allowed to join.

When proceedings were issued last month the
party insisted it would fight the case. But Griffin [Nick Griffin, the leader of the Party], speaking after
yesterday's hearing at the Central London county court was adjourned
for seven weeks, appeared to back down, saying that the party should
now change its membership rules.

"It is now crystal clear to all concerned that we simply do not have a
choice but to change our membership policy," said Griffin. "Adapt or
die is the only decision left to make, for failure to adapt would lead
either to our being bled white through the courts or crushed by new
criminal laws."

I can't imagine minorities clamoring to join the overtly racist party, but a change in its membership rules would render the party fairly useless. It might actually be a great way of destroying the party from within if minorities did join and began to change the party from within.

Whatever does happen, the future doesn't look good for the BNP.