British Arch Bishop Slams Banks

by Ben Cohen

This is a Christian I can listen to. From the Times in London:

The Archbishop of Canterbury has waded into the debate on bankers' bonuses,
warning that financiers feel no "repentance" for the excesses of the boom
that led to financial meltdown.

Dr Rowan Williams, the head of the Church of England, said the Government
should have acted to cap bonuses and he warned that the gap between rich and
poor would lead to an increasingly "dysfunctional" society.

Dr Williams told BBC2's Newsnight programme: "There hasn't been a
feeling of closure about what happened last year.

"There hasn't been what I would, as a Christian, call repentance. We haven't
heard people saying 'well actually, no, we got it wrong and the whole
fundamental principle on which we worked was unreal, empty'."

Amen.