Tucker Carlson on Matt Taibbi: "What a Phony"

by Ben Cohen

The bowtie wielding Conserva-nerd Tucker Carlson on his polar opposite (from the WaPo):

NYC: Matt Taibbi: yay or nay?

Tucker Carlson: What a phony

Perhaps Carlson is still smarting from the epic take down he suffered a few years back:

Carlson
occupies the same role for conservatives in the media landscape that
Colmes does for liberals. Colmes is a pale-faced, paint-by-numbers loser
whose only job is to be a believable liberal for people who live in
trailers. Carlson is CNN's idea of a conservative. His right-wing ideas
come from his changeable, expensive brains instead of his stomach. In
the same way that the helpless, ineffectual Colmes is a reassuring image
to hardcore conservatives, Carlson puts a soothing face on conservatism
for educated East Coast progressives – because even the biggest neo-Marxist
wanker from Brown takes one look at Carlson and sees the one man in
America he would feel sure of being able to kick the shit out of in
a back alley....... You would be hard-pressed to find an American who would not leap to his feet to cheer the sight of Tucker Carlson getting his teeth kicked down an alley, which I suspect is the reason CNN picked him to be their champion of conservatism. He is a patsy and a fraud – the kind of public personality totalitarian regimes used to nurture for years in order to execute for a lack of orthodoxy at some opportune historical moment much later on. That MSNBC hires him thinking they're getting the real thing, a big ticket to red-state ratings, just shows how clueless that network really is.

I hear that Tucker is a nice person when off the air (my friend worked on a show with him), but it's a pity he's such an A-grade dick when on it.