The Game is Rigged

by Ben Cohen

Awful news on the healthcare front: The Obama White House has officially sold the country out to the drug industry. Apparently, a deal was struck between the White House and the drug companies that basically stops the government from being able to negotiate lower prices. So essentially, meaningful healthcare reform can no longer happen. After all, there's no point in having a public plan if it isn't better than the private garbage we already have.

As George Carlin famously pointed out:

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the
idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no
choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own
all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve
long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state
houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and
they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of
the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.
They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to
get what they want . . . Well, we know what they want. They want more
for themselves and less for everybody else.

We should have known this would happen. The truth is, it is no longer possible to become President of the United States without selling your soul to giant corporations. We thought we might get healthcare reform, but we forgot that the industry owns the government. Obama may be the best politician available, but he's been bought the same as the rest of them. What a shame.