Split The Bill, Whatever It Takes

Apparently now the White House and Senate are ready to split the bills and get things done.

The White House and Senate Democratic leaders, seeing little chance of bipartisan support for their health-care overhaul, are considering a strategy shift that would break the legislation into two parts and pass the most expensive provisions solely with Democratic votes.

But still we have to wait for the recess, the interminable, useless, recess before we actually do things. Sigh.

And this strategy requires that faith be put in to Harry Reid. We know how that goes, that misplaced faith is what's gotten us into this bad spot so far.