Rupert Murdoch's Interesting Move With Redbox

So last week Rupert Murdoch's News Corp made news by trying to pull 20th Century Fox movies out of those Redbox movie rental kiosks, claiming that they lost money from them. But now this week, Lionsgate Films signed a deal with Redbox, worth $158 million.

Now just looking in from the outside my guess would be for a movie studio like 20th to get distribution of its product anyway possible - especially as we move our way of getting movies closer and closer to digital (probably totally within a decade to decade and a half I guess). The Redbox kiosks seem like a good way to make some cash while its still there.

The move seems counterintuitive to me from Murdoch, but I guess we'll see.