No More Fred Hollidays

This is why many of us really don't give a crap about politicians bellyaching about their political seats being endangered if they vote against health care reform.

Regina's husband Fred died from kidney cancer on June 17th, at the age of 39. As the Washington Post explains, for years the Holliday family did not have health insurance, and thus was unable to afford the tests that could have diagnosed his disease earlier. By the time he landed a job that came with a health care package, it was too late to stop the cancer. Holliday now splits her time between caring for her children, working on her painting, and lobbying for health care reform.

I've seen this - to a less fatal result - in my own family. We need to stop this, now.