John Madden Lives The Dream In Retirement

Boom!

Q: Will you spending a lot more time on the virtual gridiron now?

Madden: That’s one thing I’m really looking forward to. Each week I’m going to watch all the games. I have this thing being built right now where I have nine 63-inch monitors. And I’m going to be able to put every game on television. I can watch them all at the same time

He also does the most ingenious debunk of the Madden curse ever:

Q: Do you believe in the Madden Curse, where the cover athlete on the video game ends up getting injured that season?

Madden: No, I never believed in that. For 11 years, I was on the cover. I was never injured. And talking to players, they don’t believe in it either. Players get injured. That's part of the game.