Goldman Sachs Suing Matt Taibbi?

by Ben Cohen

This I would like to see. According to Taibbi:

Apparently Goldman has weighed suing me for… well, I’m not exactly
sure what the grounds would be. Being annoying? Covering finance
without a nice enough tie?

I seriously doubt they would do something like this, but if they
actually have considered such a step, that says a lot about their
mentality. If the bank really wanted to defuse controversy at a time
when people are pissed at Wall Street they could have juggled their
second-quarter profit numbers to make them look less obscene, or
announced even a nominal loan forgiveness program for some of their
notorious subsidiary Litton’s struggling customers, something like
that. Instead… well, we’ll see if this is true. I doubt it.

If the rumor is true, the prospect of a multi national investment bank suing a Rolling Stone journalist is absolutely hilarious. If Taibbi's claims were provably false, Sachs wouldn't bother responding to them. They have, and it shows Taibbi hit a nerve.