Dept. Of False Equivalency, Debunked

Paul Krugman dispatches the canard that the anti-health care mobs are anything remotely like those of us who were opposed to George W. Bush privatizing social security and giving it to the likes of Lehman Brothers.

Indeed, activists made trouble in 2005 by asking Congressmen tough questions about policy. Activists are making trouble now by shouting Congressmen down so they can’t be heard.

It’s exactly the same thing, right?

Seriously, I’ve been searching through news reports on the Social Security town halls, and I can’t find any examples of the kind of behavior we’re seeing now. Yes, there were noisy demonstrations — but they were outside the events. That was even true during the first month or two, when Republicans actually tried having open town halls. Congressmen were very upset by the reception they received, but not, at least according to any of the report I can find, because opponents were disruptive — crowds booed lines they didn’t like, but that was about it."

If you look at the videos of these meetings, its not like they disagree with what the members of congress say - they don't want them to say anything at all. They're like the teabaggers, they're just pissed they lost the election last year.