Astroturf Town Hall Mob In Tennessee 9th (Man Removed With Weapon)

Link

'This issue will not be solved by people shouting, it will not be solved by people telling lies over and over again,' Parker said. 'Yes, I have read it and I do not agree with everything in it, but there is absolutely nothing in the bill that is going to euthanize grandma.'

One of the signs waved by a plan opponent said 'Don't tell my gigi how to die,' referring to allegations that the bill would allow senior citizens to be euthanized, something the nonpartisan group FactCheck.org said is false. Cohen also denied that the bill would pay for abortions -- another claim made by opponents.

Roger Fakes, 70, said he sat quitely during most of the meeting, but Cohen's insistence that citizens would be able to keep their private health care drove him to his feet.

He argued that changes to private insurance would force citizens into the government plan.

'There are some of us old gray-haired folks that don't want the government involved in any of our business,' he said.

The nearly all-white audience was not a snapshot of the mostly African-American 9th District that Cohen represents.

You don't say. The district is Harold Ford Jr.'s old district. It has a 23% Democratic advantage. It is the only majority black district in Tennessee (59%), yet the meeting was stuffed with non-black conservatives.

It's like the whole thing is a phony joke, or something.