Unforgivable Blackness...

The President of the United States is a black man, but some things still need to change

Boris Kodjoe owns a mansion in Atlanta. But when he goes to answer his door, the black actor knows what it's like to be an outcast.

'When I'm opening the door of my own house, someone will ask me where the man of the house is, implying that I'm staff,' said Kodjoe, best known for starring in Showtime's 'Soul Food.'

It's a feeling some African-Americans say is all too common, even to this day in America: No matter your status or prominence in society, you're still typecast. That's why the recent arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr., one of the nation's most prominent African-American scholars, has stirred outrage and debate.

Jelani Cobb, an author and professor at Spelman College in Atlanta, says it's troubling on many levels when 'one of the most recognizable African-Americans in the country can be arrested in his own home and have to justify being in his own home.'