Sigh

Conservative columnist/blogger Don Surber

I also know that there have been incidents of false reports of racism by police officers — the Tawana Brawley case, for one.

And you know what? Every time a case comes up involving racism and police, we hear about Tawana freaking Brawley from 22 years ago. Yes, she lied. Yes, Al Sharpton is a fool. But every single time, it's always "remember Tawana Brawley". That one screwjob of a case is simply not the get out of jail free card for racism that conservatives so often think it is.

Also, the stories about the officer in this case being involved in racial profiling supervision or that he performed resuscitation on a black NFL NBA player don't have anything to do with what happened the night he went to Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s house. It's the "some of my best friends are black" argument. No relevance.