Sarah Palin Echoes Roberto Duran: NO MAS!

no mas

Quittin' time!

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin gave her final speech as Alaska's governor Sunday before stepping down from her post, telling a Fairbanks crowd that she is resigning 'to chart a new course to advance the state.'

'Now people who know me, they know how much I love this state ... I feel it is my duty to avoid the unproductive, typical, politics-as-usual, lame-duck session in one's last year in office,' Palin said, just moments before Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell was sworn in as governor.

'With this decision, now I will be able to fight even harder for you, for what is right and for the truth,' Palin continued. 'And I have never felt you need a title to do that.'

Bless her whackjob heart, she remains incomprehensible to the end. She somehow made quitting her job mid-term into doing her "duty" by quitting so she wouldn't be involved in the last year of governing. Or something. We knew all about conservatives and their disdain for actual governing (they prefer to run for office, cut taxes for the wealthy, deregulate big business then sit back and reap the profits as infrastructure crumbles) but this is a new low watermark. The Palin mark.