Obama Born In Hawaii: Time For GOPers To Put It On The Record

Its like a test where the sane people know the answer already.

The measure Abercrombie will introduce commemorates the 50th anniversary of Hawaii’s statehood. But here’s the rub, his spokesman tells me: It describes Hawaii as Barack Obama’s birthplace.

‘In the language of the resolution, there is a statement that Hawaii is the birthplace of the 44th President of the United States,’ Abercrombie spokesman Dave Helfert confirms.

That confronts House GOPers with a choice: They can vote for the measure, and endorse the idea that Obama was born in Hawaii, which could earn the wrath of birthers. Or they can vote against commemorating the 50th state’s joining of our blessed Union. Or GOPers can skip the vote, but that could look nutty.

UPDATE: Looks like Michelle Bachmann blocked the resolution. I guess she wants the "real" birth certificate too?